"Serving Communities with safe water, sustainable sanitation and healthy environment."
[email protected] 977-01-5151358
The emergence of on-site sanitation has seen a growth in low-income countries like Nepal but the problems related to its systemized management for a sustainable operation is of major concern. To address this issue, a proposal to develop a tailor-made Fecal Sludge Management (FSM) business model and plans for four emerging cities of Nepal has been prepared.
The overall objective of the project is to develop tailor-made Fecal Sludge Management (FSM) business models and business plans relevant to the local context of Nepalgunj Sub-Metropolitan City and Birendranagar municipality and to explore the sustainable short term and long-term market entrepreneurial opportunities in FSM for Khadak Municipality and Chandannath Municipality.
· Explore and assess the key enablers for FSM including FSM/sanitation policy, draft CWIS guidelines for Nepal, regulatory frameworks, institutional roles and responsibilities and arrangement, technological options and knowledge application
· Explore and assess the key supporters for FSM including technology solutions, containment upgradation, funding and financial considerations
· Development of framework, key questionnaire and checklists for business plan and model development
· Identify the gaps in competencies of the various stakeholders (Municipalities, private operators, manual service providers) for FSM implementation through FGD and KII
· Development of business model and plan and explore market entrepreneurial opportunities
· Facilitate ownership of the model by the municipality
· Outline requirements of capacity building training package for service providers
Photograph 1: Business Model Briefing to deputy Mayor and municipality staffs
Photograph 2: Debriefing on FSM Business Model findings in Chandannath Municipality
Copyright © 2020 Designed by : Quackfoot Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.